12 Truths About Sacramental Living
No fluff in this post. Just 12 straight-up sacramental truths.
- I don’t confuse what I do with who I am.
- Who I am in Jesus redeems what I do in life.
- How I behave reveals what I value.
- I daily remember my baptism and receive the Lord’s Supper as often as offered.
- I speak of Jesus rather than God.
- I incorporate Jesus and baptism into daily conversation and especially into weekly preaching and teaching.
- I embrace weakness, allowing Jesus’ strength to reign in my life.
- I embrace the unique way Jesus has formed me.
- I seek ways to bless people, not to take from them.
- I give grace, never applying law to a broken and contrite spirit.
- I teach you how to live as a follower of Jesus but at the end of the day, grace is the only thing that heals and grows.
- I express joy in words and body language because I know the end of the story.
Which of the above 12 sacramental statements do you need to act on?
Reblogged from BillWoolsey.org.
BY BILL WOOLSEY
Meet Jesus is a 40-day devotional for your personal growth in Christian faith and includes a 6-session small group study so that you may grow in faith in Jesus with others.