Thriving in a faith-based business with Bill Woolsey
Bill Woolsey is featured on the Faith Filled Entrepreneur podcast where he discusses the biggest mistakes sacred starters make and how they can use entrepreneurship and business principles to launch new ventures that impact communities.
1. Connecting passion with sustainability
FiveTwo understands that all ventures flow from the passion within the heart of the leader. That’s why we don’t tell you what to start. Our process helps you clarify God’s unique calling for you. And through the StartNew training modules, we help you live out your calling by showing you how to build, fund and launch new ministries, businesses or nonprofits.
- It’s important to realize that passion without a plan can oftentimes derail a starters success rate. FiveTwo’s process closes the gap between passion and creating something sustainable.
- There’s also uncertainty about how to use entrepreneurship to launch something new. Where there can be a failure to let business influence faith and faith influence business, FiveTwo works to merge the two to successfully live out your God-given calling.
2. Making an impact within your community
Mobilizing entrepreneurial Christians is the best way to start new things in your community. FiveTwo walks alongside those with a calling to start something new so they don’t have to go it alone. We clarify, equip, and activate their God-given calling. God’s already working within your community and the resources are already there. He wants you to be a part of it. Communities are transformed when you have clarity on the calling God has put in your heart along with a true community-based mindset.
3. Biggest mistakes Sacred Starters make and how to avoid them:
One of the biggest mistakes starters make is misordering the steps for launching their idea.
- The WHAT (the idea) comes before the WHO (the person you’re called to serve). That’s why in FiveTwo’s StartNew training, the first module is about becoming Jesus aware and getting crystal clear about the passion God has put in you – who is it for? When ideas are not truly tied to a calling, starters can begin to sense a lack of fulfillment.
- Putting fear of funding before all. Oftentimes, starters freak out about funding before their idea even launches. In the StartNew training Fund module, we help starters figure out how to monetize their calling in a Godly way.
- Letting your personal experience, rather than your customer’s needs, influence what you start. We know starters often use the experiences they’ve been through to influence and guide what they want to start. But when the idea doesn’t meet a true need within the community, ventures struggle. FiveTwo’s process ensures that the passion is really bringing value to what the customer needs.
LISTEN TO THE ENTIRE PODCAST HERE
If you want to get crystal clear on what your calling is, Take the FREE Calling Clarifier 3-Day Challenge. When you live out your calling, communities are transformed and more people will know Jesus.
FiveTwo clarifies, equips & activates Christians who are created to be sacred starters.